iTunes Store messed up?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by PCFan, Feb 21, 2009.

1. PCFan macrumors member

Whenever I want to go to the iTunes Store on iTunes, all the pictures become this broken chain logo and all the text becomes bigger and iTunes itself messes up so I have to disconnect my iPod touch and restart iTunes everytime.

How can I fix it?
    I added a picture.

iTunes on Windows Vista.

Attached Files:

2. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

Not sure on this one, but, are you on dial-up?

3. PCFan thread starter macrumors member

No, high speed. My ISP claims 7mbps.

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

5. PCFan thread starter macrumors member

Actually, 4th time I've reinstalled iTunes.

6. jmccullough108 macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108

You said its on windows vista??

You probably have a firewall blocking images from third party apps like itunes..

7. phairphan macrumors 6502a

phairphan

Mine does this on occasion, although it doesn't require a restart. It seems to go away if I try a day or so later.

iTunes for Windows seems to become progressively less stable with each update. The iTunes store has also degraded, performance-wise, over the past year. It's a pain to use now because it's so slow (on cable, DSL, and OC-48). I hope with the next major release (along with Quicktime X?) they do a complete overhaul. Apple keeps throwing new features on top of a seemingly less than stable framework.

I'm ditching my PC when the new Nehalem Mac Pros come out. Is iTunes any more stable on the Mac side? I don't really use it on my MBP.

8. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

iTunes in general is more stable by leaps and bounds. I don't know how Windows users can put up with it. Generally, everything Apple makes (iTunes, Quicktime, Safari, etc) is more stable and a LOT faster on OS X.

I will agree, however, that the iTunes Store is slowing down. It could be from the amount of people accessing it. I think the App Store portion is what started it personally.

9. PCFan thread starter macrumors member

No, it's marked as allowed in my firewall settings.
    Also, on my Mac Pro, iTunes is alot more stable but it still lags and the iTunes Store is as slow as on Windows.

It's annoying the way I have to quit iTunes and restart it everytime this happens.

10. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Then, I suspect some other mechanism is blocking it... for example, despite iTunes being in the list of applications allowed to use the Internet, the server that iTunes uses to fetch image files from is blocked.