iTunes store on iPhone 4S is VERRRY slow / unresponsive

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bagofbeef, May 21, 2012.

1. bagofbeef macrumors newbie

bagofbeef

Hey there.

Whenever I try to download more episodes of podcasts on my 4S, iTunes becomes super-slow. It's as if it's trying to load the page, but can't. Note the lack of green rectangular button behind the word 'FREE'. No matter how long I wait, I get this, and I'm unable to select anything:

[​IMG]

I'm also an iTunes match subscriber. I have no issues downloading full albums. iTunes responds as I expect it to when downloading music. The problem seems to happen with podcasts ONLY.

Sometimes, after 10 reboots or so, I 'luck out', and I'm able to download ONE episode, but then I'm right back to unresponsive town.

I've killed all running apps, rebooted my phone, and tried both via the music app's "get more episodes" function, as well as directly through iTunes. It's the same on multiple Wi-Fi networks. Any ideas?

2. Cameron500 macrumors newbie

It's like that for me too. I'm looking to see if it is for anyone else. Not sure why so many people have viewed this and not replied. I've tried it over different networks and it's the same. I was wondering if it was iTunes match since I turned it back on.

It's for the entire iTunes store for me. Trying to look at an album has been frustrating.

3. bagofbeef thread starter macrumors newbie

bagofbeef

Yeah, you know what? It's something with the STORE, I think. Like I said, I usually just download my own music via iTunes Match, right from the music app, without issue.

But just for kicks, I went to iTunes, and clicked on a few things from the front page. Most pages load at a snail's pace, if at all.

Hmmm...

4. rmcmartin macrumors newbie

I turned off iTunes match because I couldn't handle the slowness, and my iTunes store/iPhone is working properly now.