itunes store on iphone got a problem!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by snapper07, Dec 4, 2007.

1. snapper07 macrumors 6502

I've purchased music via my iphone a while ago and went to buy a song off itunes on it again today but when i click buy it says "no account information found. please connect to itunes to configure your account."
    now i've synced it to my main computer but it still says the same message is there something i'm missing is there a box i need to tick?

any ideas?

2. harrisone23 macrumors member

you have to log in on iTunes on your computer, then plug in

3. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Reset the iPhone and relaunch iTunes. Also you might want to make sure you're logged into your iTunes account before your next sync

4. snapper07 thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks I'll give that a try and get back to you will have to wait till tomorrow when I'm in the studio.

5. snapper07 thread starter macrumors 6502

hi well I tried what you guys sugested and it worked. I didn't need reset I just made sure I was logged in to my iTunes account when I synced added a new song to iPhone playlist and next time I was on wifi I was able to conect to store! Job done problem solved ta for that!:D

6. sfetterman macrumors newbie

Still can't purchase itunes from your iphone?

“No account information found. Please connect to itunes to configure your account.”

Have you tried all the other suggestions and are still having trouble?

Here’s what worked for me…and I tried many suggestions.

1) Make sure that your iphone is backed up so that you can restore from this backup. You’ll be asked to do this later, but save everything such as your music first!
    2) Sync with your iphone (if it’s not detected, that’s another problem). Then disconnect iphone.
    3) Restart both your computer and reset (sleep+home buttons until apple shows) your iphone.
    4) Open itunes and sign into your account (make sure you have a valid credit card, etc.)
    5) Go to your iphone setting by clicking on your iphone under the left panel “DEVICES.”
    6) In the bottom, right, click “Sync.” Then try to purchase a song. If you get the error message saying “No account information found. Please connect to itunes to configure your account”—Keep reading.
    7) You’re going to need to restore your iphone. This potentially sucks because it means you risk losing your data. Jot down whatever you can, and make sure you can back up whatever you can.
    8) Once you’ve saved what you can, open itunes again. Make sure your iphone is connected. Then select you iphone name from “DEVICES” in the left panel of itunes.
    9) Once you’ve done step 8, you should see a screen and the middle two buttons will be “Check for Updates” and “Restore.” Click “Restore.”
    10) This is where you’ll get the prompt that asks you if you’d like to back up. I’d recommend clicking “Back Up.” You’re going to want to restore all factory settings.
    11) At the next prompt, click “Restore.”
    12) Choose the option “Restore from the Back Up of:”
    13) It will take a long time to do this; mine took 10-20 minutes. Once it’s done, repeat steps 4-6.

Once I tried to purchase again, I saw a little animation take place and a “1” jumped onto the downloads icon. Hooray! I hope it works out for you too.