iTunes store re-downloading

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xhArRiSoNxD, Aug 6, 2008.

1. xhArRiSoNxD macrumors regular

I recently downloaded an app that was free and now it's .99cents if I deleated it then re downloaded it will I half to pay for it?

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

You will have pay full price; it's your own fault for deleting it.

3. xhArRiSoNxD thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for rubbing it in but this did not happen to me it was just a general question.

The reason I ask is because the locate feature on maps does not work for some reason and I tried the restore option using backups and it did not resolve the issue. I figure that it is something in the backup and a restore wiping the device and not applying the backup would resolve this issue but as it was mentioned I will loose the apps I downloaded for free that now are not.

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Actually, I think I've deleted and redownloaded an app that I got for free and is now paid, and I didn't get charged for it. I say "I think" because I was deleting and redownloading several apps at once to try to fix the conflicting updating problem between the Touch and iTunes, so I'm not really sure what I did with regards to each individual app, but I do know that my current solution to the update problem involves deleting and redownloading the updated apps rather than trying to update them, and I also know that some of those apps I've been "updating" in this manner are no longer free. So I'm pretty sure, though not 100% certain, that you can delete a formerly free app and redownload it again w/o being charged.

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Sorry. I was just being straight-foward; didn't mean to sound harsh. ;)

6. mixmacface macrumors regular

mixmacface

my guess is you'd have to pay for it. there's probably no record of you having downloaded it before. . is there?

7. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Oh, there definitely should be a record of all downloads you make! Just sign in to your iTunes account on your computer, go to Store -> View Your Account, and you'll see all the "purchase" you made, even the free ones.

8. xhArRiSoNxD thread starter macrumors regular

9. KoolStar macrumors demi-god

KoolStar

If your location feature does not work, make sure that your Location is turned on under the Settings Menu.

10. xhArRiSoNxD thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah it's on.

11. xhArRiSoNxD thread starter macrumors regular

Actually even if they change the price you can re-download for free. I have tried and proven it.