iTunes Store support is absolutely amazing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SuperChuck, Feb 2, 2010.

1. SuperChuck macrumors 6502

SuperChuck

I just requested support through the iTunes Store for some purchases that I made recently and lost when my iMac died shortly after purchasing them.

In no time at all, I got a cheerful, thorough, grammatically-correct response. They re-activated my downloads and even went through the trouble of providing additional suggestions should the "Download Purchases" action not work (which it did).

When was the last time you got a really thorough, friendly email response that actually solved your problem on the first go? Great support is so hard to come by these days that you've got to give props to the companies that get it right.

2. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I agree. Any service I've ever received from Apple has been nothing short of stellar. AND THEY SPEAK ENGLISH!!!! :D

3. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Every time I've contacted them! They are the best and this is one reason why I don't mind buying CDs and movies and TV shows through iTunes.

4. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

Urgh every time I email Amazon or emusic the first email tells me the general trouble shooting tips that assume you're an idiot who can't open their download application or look in the folders where files are deposited.

It usually takes at least the 2nd or 3rd reply before somebody actually gets that their service has screwed up and reissues the download or whatever.

5. yancey47 macrumors regular

I've had nothing but outstanding customer support from the iTunes store. For example, I was supposed to get a video if I pre-ordered an album. I made the order but didn't get the video. I emailed to ask what was up and within 24 hours got a response, an apology, the video I was supposed to get, and 3 music video credits put in my account. Outstanding.

6. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

Customer Service is one of the best things about Apple, you dont just get a troublshooting guide copy and pasted into an email, and you dont end up talking to someone who is trying to read you a paragraph from "Computers for Dummies" in a foreign language.

7. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

I bought a TV season, the first episode somehow was tagged correctly, but when playing it, was actually an episode in the middle of the series (a duplicate). I wrote support a message telling them the first episode did not download properly. Instead of allowing me a download of the first episode, they refunded the $50 I spent.... so I just bought the first episode. Essentially, they gave me $47 free iTunes credit :D

That is the exception though, not the norm. But yeah.... iTunes support is great. I've never had them not fix something. One time they even gave me $5 free credit, I think.

I just wish they could apply this ethic to fixing known bugs that seem to linger for months on end until they silently put out an update.