iTunes Store - tracks with DRM or not?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Luthcon Sloan, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Luthcon Sloan macrumors newbie

Hi there...

I am still a fan of buying CDs in record stores but recently I have realized that some artists of my interest release to iTunes exclusively.

Now I would like to buy in iTunes from time to time. But what is the verdict about tracks with DRM and without? I was under the impression the iTunes catalogue is DRM- free, is this correct for everything which I find there?

My point is not to discuss DRM, but so far I have not found an indication in the store which informs if tracks I would like to buy have DRM or not. I just want to know before buying - that is all.

Anyone knows?

2. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

Erm, AFAIK all songs have FairPlay DRM unless they're marked with a +, in which case there's the option to buy them without DRM.

I have my prefs set to automatically buy without DRM where available.

Not that I care that much. FairPlay is, well, pretty fair IMHO :)

3. Luthcon Sloan thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah, the "+" sign, I see!

I have read about FairPlay DRM. Well, it seems there is more evil stuff used elsewhere so I won´t complain here. Most important for me is just to know in advance what I will get when spending money for music purchased online.

Thanks for your help!