Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OldManJimbo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
California Coast
On my daughter's pee-cee, iTunes says it can't connect to the Internet, despite the fact that she can connect to any other site. I recently installed Mozilla and did whatever I could to disable Internet Explorer, so I'm wondering if I screwed up the iTunes setting in the process.

I have checked everything I can think of the determine where the problem lies - no luck.

Any ideas? Do you think AppleCare would be able to answer questions regarding iTunes on a PC?

dneff

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2005
I can't connect either

I've read a couple other posts of people that have the same problem as myself. This is not an Internet connection problem.

I have two Macs and two PC's on the same router. One mac (in the same office here) can connect to iTunes music store, purchase music, and download without problems. The other one (as of a couple weeks ago) keeps getting an error that it cannot connect, although it sometimes will connect. On this same computer I can get email, browse the Internet, etc.

This is an iTunes or music store problem. All my software is up to date. I doubt it's related, but the problem started about the same time I started using my new Shuffle.

Hopefully a new rev of iTunes will solve this problem. Until then, I'll have to connect to Music Store from my other Mac and transfer songs via my network.

Arrgggg.

-David

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.