iTunes Store VERY slow? 1.5GB is taking 9 hours!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Kardashian, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

For the past few days, iTunes store is being very slow.

I've tried multiple computers, Mac and Windows, and they all get the same speeds.

I've downloaded other large files, and they download at the normal speed.

We've got an 8MB connection so it shouldn't be this slow.

Anyone else experiencing this?

2. Cyclotrode macrumors regular

Cyclotrode

Seems fine to me. I downloaded the Apple keynote on Wednesday and it only took around 30 minutes for the 1GB video.

3. Kardashian thread starter macrumors 68020

Kardashian

It's estimating 90 minutes to download 450MB.

Somethings up...

There seems to be lots of reports from December where the store slowed down - but the holidays' and New Year have passed.

Maybe its iTunes Plus upgrading?!

4. bettykoyle macrumors regular

5. leishan macrumors 6502

It may be getting hit pretty hard with people upgrading their music.

6. JimAtLaw macrumors 6502

I came here to look for this same topic - I have a 6Mb/sec connection at home and iTunes, which is usually very speedy for me, is using a fraction of my available bandwidth to download tonight, really egregiously slow.

At first I thought AT&T might be throttling my connection but nope, I can run a speed test and show lots of pipe available with the download still running. At current pace it's going to have taken me 3+ hours to download 1.09G, probably 4-5 times longer than normal.

This is a new one on me - I've rented at least 10-20 movies in the past and never seen it this bad, I've repeatedly had problems with rentals not getting removed from memory on expiration and having to manually remove them, but didn't realize they also have server issues that cause rentals to take hours, now I won't get to watch the movie tonight; maybe this technology is not ready for prime time. :(

7. JimAtLaw macrumors 6502

I figured that post was flame bait but apparently not.

Ended up speeding back up for me intermittently and taking only 2 hours (instead of 40 minutes) but still, I'll be taking a few weeks off movie rentals and hoping this is just Apple being utterly unprepared for the upgrade traffic...