iTunes Store won't accept login to Write a Review?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jshgambit, Jun 17, 2009.

1. jshgambit macrumors newbie

I've looked all throughout the MacRumors: Forums and even through the Apple.com Discussion Boards and have found very limited info on my problem, so I'm deciding to post.

Here's my issue:

I was in iTunes and clicked "Write a Review" for a song. The dialogue box popped up asking for Account Name (which was already entered) and a Password. I entered my Password and clicked "Sign In". Box goes away...A couple of seconds go by and the dialogue box pops up again. Enter my Pword in again and the box goes away and comes back. Over and over I did this, until finally giving up.

Oh...and I have no problem being able to log in to download Songs, Apps, etc. So it seems like only the Review Writing is effected?

When on the Apple.com Discussion Boards, I found mention of this issue, and the solutions were, "Restart your Computer", "Restart iTunes", "Log out and then Log Back In", etc. I tried all that, and had no luck.

I thought I would try to post a reply on the Boards, but I needed to Activate my Apple Account to be able to post to the Boards. Went through all the steps, and ran into a similar issue after clicking the "Submit" button after accepting the Terms & Conditions.

I sent an email to Apple...They received it, but I have had no response yet. I thought I would post on here, just in case someone has already heard about this and has a solution.

Thanks!

2. KelchM macrumors regular

I'm having the same problem... haven't found a solution yet.

3. jshgambit thread starter macrumors newbie

Apple's Response

UPDATE:

After writing to Apple Support, here was their solution:

"What I would suggest doing to resolve this, is to change your nickname to something else. If someone is using a nickname that you have input, then it will normally bring you back to the main page over and over again."

However...There's no place to change your nickname anymore. So I have responded to this and am waiting to hear back.

Thanks.

4. jshgambit thread starter macrumors newbie

UPDATE:

"Since you have emailed us last, it is determined that these features are temporarily turned off as we are doing some maintenance on them. Unfortunately, I don't have any information as to when everything will be finished. However, I will be contacting every few days or so to provide you with further updates."

So yeah...There you go. Anyone else having issues? If so, what answers have you tracked down?

5. theumang macrumors member

Me toooo!

Me t:mad::mad::mad::mad:!

Fix it :apple:
    :p

6. nmx macrumors newbie

Solution

This will sound crazy, but bear with me. I had the same problem, and was able to fix it by following someone else's suggestion:

1. When the password dialog comes up, turn on CAPS LOCK.
    2. Type in your correct password (even though the case is wrong).
    3. Click Sign In.
    4. The dialog will reappear with an authentication error. Turn off CAPS LOCK.
    5. Enter your password again, this time with the correct case.
    6. Click Sign In.
    7. Write review.

It really did work for me. I have no idea why! Good luck.

(Also, if anyone is in touch with Apple Support, and this works for you, pass it on to Apple. Maybe this will give them some clue as to how to fix it on their end.)