iTunes strange analyse bug

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by inscrewtable, Mar 16, 2014.

1. inscrewtable macrumors 65816

inscrewtable

I've just been rebuilding my entire library and I have noticed a strange occurrence.

Sometimes I will audition a song in the finder preview to determine what I want to do with it, and occasionally I will click it accidentally and open it in iTunes. I will then hit the Cmd + L keyboard command to highlight it so I can delete it from the library so I don't have all these orphan songs.

Anyway the problem happens after I delete it, iTunes then proceeds to re analyse my entire library for gapless playback.

I never remember seeing iTunes do this in the past.

Any clues as to why this is happening.

Thanks

2. inscrewtable thread starter macrumors 65816

inscrewtable

Bumpdate:

Now I find that simply replacing a beta app in iTunes now also causes iTunes to re analyse my entire library.

3. inscrewtable thread starter macrumors 65816

inscrewtable

Yes it's a tricky one, but I will accept any answers from the audience.

4. inscrewtable thread starter macrumors 65816

inscrewtable

In fact now ANYTHING I do causes iTunes to reanalyse my entire library, just opening iTunes is enough. This is driving me bonkers.

5. inscrewtable thread starter macrumors 65816

inscrewtable

OK after a lot of digging around I have found the solution which I will post here in case anyone else wants to know.

Rebuild the "iTunes Library.itl" file by trashing it, then move the "iTunes Library.xml" file to your Desktop (both files in the ~/Music/iTunes folder), then open iTunes and go to File>Library>Import Playlist... and select the iTunes Library.xml file on your desktop and iTunes will rebuild the iTunes Library.itl from it.