iTunes strange behaviour

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Halcyon, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Halcyon macrumors 6502

iTunes 7.3.1 on Intel iMac, OSX10.4.10

When trying to close iTunes application it will open again by itself, either right away or after a few seconds and this will go on no matter how many times you try closing it.

A machine restart solves the problem...stops iTunes from opening by itself, but the problem will start again after I open iTunes, even though I can maybe use it 4, 5 or 8 times (I have not counted them) before the problem appears again.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Do you have any iTunes-related widgets running? How about any apps that might be using iTunes?

3. Halcyon thread starter macrumors 6502

No applications that can be using iTunes and I've disabled the one widget that its sole purpouse was to act as a "remore control" to iTunes when listening to music.

My daughter has downloaded some "free" music and I'm starting to question the integrity of these files...maybe one of them is corrupted and thus generating this weird behaviour. I'm deleting these files and will see if the problem persists.

Thanks.

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I doubt any downloaded music file could be doing this. Is it still reopening now that the widget is disabled? What other apps are running? What's listed in your Login Items in System preferences? What's listed in the StartupItems folder in your Library? Something here might hold the key. :)

5. Halcyon thread starter macrumors 6502

Problem solved...with a twist

Disabled the widget and everything is fine now.

Furthermore, uninstalled the widget and clean installed it again and so far it has given any problems...maybe it was corrupted.

Thanks all for your help.

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Good work mate! In future, maybe don't worry about a reinstall because it can be a lot of work getting everything back to how it was. :)