Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RMD68

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 7, 2007
I currently pay for an SiriusXM online account, and I want to know how if I can stream it through iTunes instead of playing it through the SiriusXM online portal.

I want to integrate it into iTunes because I prefer the layout, and I want to stream it to my home speakers via AirPlay. I know that I can stream it via AirPlay when using one of my iOS devices after downloading the SiriusXM app, but I want to do this on my laptop, so is there anyway to accomplish this?

Thanks!

robgendreau

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
No dice. The SiriusXM people seem to want to make the use of their subscription service as painful as possible; about the only way to play it is ugh, Flash. Contact them and complain.

But you don't need iTunes. Just get a copy of Airfoil from Rogue Amoeba. You can stream the audio from the Sirius web-based music player (I use Chrome) to any iOS device using their free Airfoil speakers app (and you can control it too). I think it would work with Airplay speakers too; check since they'd have to be Airplay licensed. I use it to stream to my iPhone 3GS, which can't use the SiriusXM app any longer.

robgendreau

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
Hey! Happy days; turns out Radium, an application in the Mac App Store, can stream SiriusXM. It also works with Airfoil; it's actually integrated into the Airfoil app so that from Radium you can choose to beam to an Airplay device or something running Airfoil speakers.

And it's on sale right now in the MAS.

Rob

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.