Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pajamsceo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Hello -

I keep getting the following error message when attempting to sync my contacts, calendar, and bookmarks with my iPhone. When I check these under the "info" tab and ciick apply, the following error message appears:

iTunes cannot sync information with the iPhone because syncing has been disabled on this computer. Do you want to enable syncing? If you do not enable syncing, iTunes will not be able to sync contacts, calendars, bookmarks or mail accounts to your iPhone.

When I click yes, the following prompt appears:

*Syncing cannot be enable on this compute*r. The options I'm presented with are:

override and Ok.

When I click override, it takes away my selections to sync contacts, calendars, etc.

I have never disabled syncing. I've looked through system and iTunes preferences and can't even find an option to disable/enable syncing.

Any advice about how to resolve this very frustrating problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time.

I'm attempting to setup up MobileMe and need to get this problem resolved.

Thanks,

James

jimleszczynski

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2008
Mount Pleasant, MI
Hello -

I keep getting the following error message when attempting to sync my contacts, calendar, and bookmarks with my iPhone. When I check these under the "info" tab and ciick apply, the following error message appears:

iTunes cannot sync information with the iPhone because syncing has been disabled on this computer. Do you want to enable syncing? If you do not enable syncing, iTunes will not be able to sync contacts, calendars, bookmarks or mail accounts to your iPhone.

When I click yes, the following prompt appears:

*Syncing cannot be enable on this compute*r. The options I'm presented with are:

override and Ok.

When I click override, it takes away my selections to sync contacts, calendars, etc.

I have never disabled syncing. I've looked through system and iTunes preferences and can't even find an option to disable/enable syncing.

Any advice about how to resolve this very frustrating problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time.

I'm attempting to setup up MobileMe and need to get this problem resolved.

Thanks,

James

Wow, Very STRANGE!
Have you tried completley formating/resetting the iPhone and trying to begin the SYNC process over again. You can reset to factory settings through the actual iPhone. Settings -> General -> Reset

Good luck

bdesilva

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2008
I get exactly the same thing, and I'm finding on the web that many people are getting this error on both Mac and PC. I'm on Windows XP. Eager to hear about any successes people have with this.

Bryan

Hello -

James

uoflkim

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2008
I just started having the same problem today. The problem is on my laptop which is running the newest version of OSx. I set up my Mac at work which is running 10.4.11 and it works like a charm so I dont think re-setting the phone would work. Has anyone gotten any insight to this problem??

kevinwmurray

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2008
I am having this issue as well.

Running 2.1 on the iPhone and 10.5.5 on my Mac.:mad:
Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

kevinmurray.com

Spagolli94

macrumors member
May 22, 2002
Philadelphia, PA
I had a power outage last night. When I booted up this morning and plugged in my iPhone, I started getting this error. Like the other poster, I never disabled synching. Anybody have a fix?

Spagolli94

macrumors member
May 22, 2002
Philadelphia, PA
Found a fix:
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1526035&tstart=0

I tried both fixes suggested, so I'm not sure which one was the real fix. I repaired my permissions as described by the poster. Then I went to ~/Library/Application Support/SyncServices and deleted the "Local" folder as the other poster suggested.

I then launched iTunes, plugged in my iPhone, re-checked sync contacts and everything worked fine.

nicklenko

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2008
I also had this same problem using my MBP, I tried both solutions and after the first one didn't do the trick tried the second and it worked perfectly, just unplugged my phone and then put it back in, and everything synced beautifly, im still curious as to why this happened in the first place if anyone has any ideas?

thanks,
nick

dbrashler

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2007
Still Happening . . .

. . . every time I plug in my phone -- does anyone have any new clues? Apple?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.