iTunes Sync issue with 2nd Gen ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by urmynumber1fan, Mar 4, 2013.

1. urmynumber1fan macrumors newbie

I gave my youngest son a hand me down 2nd Gen iPod touch (successful). I connected to iTunes to download the latest version of the software. Unfortunately, the newest version of iTunes (11.0.2.26) that I had recently installed, had automatic syncing enabled. It began to attempt to download an entire libary onto an 8GB device. I cancelled the automatic sync and also deselected apps that he wouldn't need but as I "Apply" the changes, it attempts to continue "finishing" the download. I disconnected the device and tried again but I continue to have the same issue...which is the "iPod Touch can not be synced because there is not enough room on the device....."

As I'm typing this, I'm thinking that I'll need to reboot the computer. In the event this doesn't work, any other ideas?

2. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

Maybe it's trying to sync the music library as well

3. bloutrein macrumors regular

bloutrein

I'd reboot the computer and restart the iPod (home and sleep/wake button pressed for at least 10 seconds).

Next time start iTunes in safe mode by hitting the CTRL + SHIFT keys while starting. This will disable automatic sync mode.