Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macbookman83

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 23, 2011
New York
Hey guys just curious if anyone of you are seeing the same sncing issues i have encountered when plugging in my phone into itunes.

After Pangu, my phone just hangs on the screen. I am no longer able to sync or backup through itunes..... I normally wouldnt mind since i use icloud but my issue is regarding the fact that i can no longer add movies through apps like VLC or AVplayer.

Anyone else seeing these issues? I'm a long term jailbreaker since the 3gs but I may hold off on pangu until that itunes issue is resolved since i sync my tv shows and movies daily on my commute to work.

I might just restore and rejailbreak and see if that solves it.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Hey guys just curious if anyone of you are seeing the same sncing issues i have encountered when plugging in my phone into itunes.

After Pangu, my phone just hangs on the screen. I am no longer able to sync or backup through itunes..... I normally wouldnt mind since i use icloud but my issue is regarding the fact that i can no longer add movies through apps like VLC or AVplayer.

Anyone else seeing these issues? I'm a long term jailbreaker since the 3gs but I may hold off on pangu until that itunes issue is resolved since i sync my tv shows and movies daily on my commute to work.

I might just restore and rejailbreak and see if that solves it.

Sure you waited long enough? At first I thought I had the issue because when it went to "Backing up" it sat there for 30-60 seconds, but then finally went through as normal.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
yep I tried wifi sync and it wasn't working.

only worked for iCloud backup no syncing

Sounds like there might be an issue. Only thing I can suggest is to do a restore and start over. I had no issues on my first iPhone... my second one acted like it was jailbreaking then went in and did a factory restore. It's still early in the process so it's not perfect. My advice would be do a factory restore, then jailbreak, then restore your backup and see if that works. Otherwise restore again, then restore your backup, making sure it syncs without the jailbreak (cause it's entirely possible the sync issue is unrelated), and if so, then re-jailbreak.

macbookman83

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 23, 2011
New York
Sounds like there might be an issue. Only thing I can suggest is to do a restore and start over. I had no issues on my first iPhone... my second one acted like it was jailbreaking then went in and did a factory restore. It's still early in the process so it's not perfect. My advice would be do a factory restore, then jailbreak, then restore your backup and see if that works. Otherwise restore again, then restore your backup, making sure it syncs without the jailbreak (cause it's entirely possible the sync issue is unrelated), and if so, then re-jailbreak.

restoring now

Iamjohn37

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2014
Any luck with the restore? I'm having the same issue, spent two hours trying to do various fixes last night. Don't want to restore if I can help it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.