Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jellymonster

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2010
Hi,

Basically I have a Mac Mini that I store all my iTunes on. This is always on and acts like a media server for the house.

However I also have a MacBook Pro that I would like some of this on.

Is there a program that can detect when my MBP is on the network and synchronise selected media. (i.e. just music no videos. Or unwatched TV shows and top rated music).

Home sharing is ok for just moving. But if I update metadata, I then have to re-copy it over. Also, it's not automated, that would be nice.

Any input is good =)

JM

marzer

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2009
Colorado
Hi,

Basically I have a Mac Mini that I store all my iTunes on. This is always on and acts like a media server for the house.

However I also have a MacBook Pro that I would like some of this on.

Is there a program that can detect when my MBP is on the network and synchronise selected media. (i.e. just music no videos. Or unwatched TV shows and top rated music).

Home sharing is ok for just moving. But if I update metadata, I then have to re-copy it over. Also, it's not automated, that would be nice.

Any input is good =)

JM

Its dated, but this article might get you started, http://www.macworld.com/article/1133881/syncitunes.html

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.