iTunes sync problem/question

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by BrushyHillGuide, May 17, 2011.

1. BrushyHillGuide macrumors newbie

So, I tried to add some music to my iPhone 4 today and I got a message saying something about: 'An iPhone can only be synced with one iTunes library at a time. Erasing and syncing replaces the contents of this iPhone with the contents of this iTunes library."

Does this mean that everything, even my contacts, photos, text messages, notes, etc. will get erased?

I have synced and backed up all my important stuff with this MacBook Pro (2011) before, but this is the first time I've tried to add any music to the phone.

I know the problem is arising because I originally had this iPhone synced to my old MacBook Pro- that was stolen. Now I'm on my (new) replacement MacBook Pro and I finally got around to adding my music collection to my MBP; and I want to finally add some music to the iPhone so that I can use it like an iPod. But I want to make SURE that I don't accidentally delete my important stuff!

Can I get some advice please?

2. BrushyHillGuide thread starter macrumors newbie

C'mon - somebody HAS to be able to answer this question for me! PLEEEEASE?

3. HadItWithWindow macrumors regular

I hope you get some replies

I've had sync questions and they just get ignored.

I wanted to know if by syncing everything goes from the Mac and overrides the iPhone.

I want to go the reverse route, iPhone override everything on the Mac. I don't carry my Mac around, I do carry my iPhone and update Calendar and Notes. I think once you connect to Mac and Sync it erases everything on your iPhone. Also when buying from iTunes on the iPhone will it add to library on the Mac or do you have to purchase iTunes on the Mac first?

Hope someone will verify. I haven't had a lot of luck getting questions answered on this forum.

4. BrushyHillGuide thread starter macrumors newbie