iTunes Sync - Removes Apps from iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by GavinTan, Oct 15, 2008.

1. GavinTan macrumors newbie

Hi,

Some background, I have two Windows based computers, one at work and home. What I do is I store my iTunes library on a portable external drive and take it with me so I have access all the time. In essence I have been doing this for many generations of the older iTunes software. I had no issues with iTunes 7 syncing with my iPhone either.

My current situation, it seems to me that iTunes 8 is not able to retain information on where the mobile applications are stored if I were to connect the iTunes library on another machine. I sync everything fine at home, I then disconnect the drive and connect it at work with iTunes 8 as well. All my iPhone applications icons will not have it's icon art, and when I select "Get Info..." on any application it requests that I locate it as it's not available. If iTunes were to sync with my iPhone it will think I have deleted all the apps on iTunes and proceed to remove them all on the iPhone! If I were to check manually into the file directory structure, everything is present in the appropriate folders (i.e. Mobile Applications folder) thus I do not understand why this is happening.

Now this is bizzare, anyone else experiencing this problem?

2. neesh0 macrumors 6502a

neesh0

you should try reauthorizing your computer: Itunes-> Store-> Authorize computer. Hope that helps