iTunes sync with iPhoto

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ad931, Nov 30, 2013.

1. ad931 macrumors regular

ad931

Evening everyone, quick question.

In iTunes (having selected my iPhone as the device), if i check the "Sync photos from" iPhoto, my iPhone's available storage jumps from 4GB to 5GB.

I currently have 25 photos in my iPhoto library on my Mac mini & in the respective iPhoto app on my iPhone but approximately 300 on the iPhone itself. If i sync this way, will the pictures on my iPhone be removed? Of the 300, approx half of them are in Camera Roll, the rest are in albums, which do not appear in iPhoto either on the Mac iPhoto app or on the iPhone iPhoto app.

I have never actually synced photos through iTunes so a bit unsure.

Thanks for the help.

2. brightjc@me.com macrumors member

brightjc@me.com

Photos

iTunes won't delete your camera roll BUT WILL delete all the ones in your albums, you should save all your albums to camera roll and import them into iPhoto, organise them then sync them back onto your iPhone using iTunes.

3. ad931 thread starter macrumors regular

ad931

Thanks for your reply, however using my iPad mini running ios 7, it wont let me add any album photos to the camera roll.

4. brightjc@me.com macrumors member

brightjc@me.com

You're right -I've just checked- I wasn't aware of this change. You could copy them using Facebook or even better if you have another Apple device you could Airdrop them then organise & sync

5. ad931 thread starter macrumors regular

ad931