iTunes synching problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by j-dub562, Sep 10, 2010.

1. j-dub562 macrumors newbie

iTunes Version: 10.0 (67)
    Devices: iPhone 3G 8GB (fw: 3.1.2) & iPad 3G 32GB (fw: 3.2.1)
    MacBook Pro 13": OS X 10.6.4

I tried researching this problem on my own but could not find anything to help solve it.

So, every time I sync my iPhone or iPad, iTunes will re-sync all the songs to the devices even though I have not modified them. Each of the devices are not being synced from my main Library; I have created a playlist for each device (Library is too big to store on either device).

Under "Summary options" I have selected "only sync checked songs and videos" and under each device I have the designated playlist checked in the "Music" tab. Also, in the same "Music" tab I have selected "sync selected playlists, artists, albums, and genres" but yet for some reason the audio is wiped out then re-synced each time I sync now.

Is anyone else experiencing this same problem? Thank you for your help.

2. MonkeyET macrumors 6502

How is the system acting when it is re-syching everything? Is it acting like they were not previously on the unit or is it just taking a long time?

What about selecting manually manage music and videos from the options section of iTunes? I have used this on an iPod touch and a Classic as my library is either too large for one, or more than I wanted on another.

3. j-dub562 thread starter macrumors newbie

It wipes out whatever media I had on the device, then re-syncs it. It goes through the sync process and then when it get it gets to "determining tracks to sync" my media gets wiped out and then it begins the syncing. Very frustrating and iTunes is doing it to both my iPad and iPhone. :mad::mad:

4. MonkeyET macrumors 6502

Do you have time machine setup to do your backups? Maybe you could roll back to iTunes 9, re-setup your devices, then allow the iTunes update to install once again?

Another question, do you have Applecare, and if so, have you given them a call?