iTunes syncing on multiple machines & Smart Playlists

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DJ Dilbert, Jan 14, 2011.

1. DJ Dilbert macrumors regular

DJ Dilbert

Okay, here's my issue, I just got a new Mac Pro and I have copied my iTunes library to the new MP from my older Macbook Pro.

I want to find an easy way to sync any purchases / additions to the new one when I get home without manually copying and pasting to the MP from the MBP.

Also, I have a pretty long list of rules on some smart playlists to filter songs I don't want in it. Mainly by way of checked status in iTunes. This makes it easier to shorten playlists that I then sync to my iTouch. My question for this second topic; can I also sync the checked status of my entire library without copying and pasting from one machine to another?

Thanks for any thoughts!

2. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

This may not be what you are looking for, because it will take a little more interaction than just syncing. You could set up Home Sharing and set it to automatically add new songs to the other machine. As you probably found out, you can't syc music between machines, or for that matter from your device to iTunes, but you can "share" music. Apple claims that their hands are tied on the issue because of copyright laws.