Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nooaah

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
Didn't know if I should put this here or in the Mac App Forum. In any case, iTunes has been a little wacky lately. My first issue was that any time I'd sync my iPhone 5, it would re-sync my entire iPod library - sometimes causing duplicate songs. iTunes is set to manually manage music. I've disabled iTunes Match, as well.

Apple Support had similar complaints, and the answer was to delete your whole library from within the iPhone then re-add. I did that, and it's still re-syncing every song I previously had any time I sync with iTunes.

To make matters worse, podcasts now won't transfer to the iPhone. There's no error. I drag the episode to the iPhone from iTunes and nothing happens. I have to download them now from within the crappy Podcast app. Did they just remove the ability to sync podcasts from iTunes?

Anyone have these issues? I'm working with a fairly new install of iOS, so this isn't a case of some jailbreak settings carrying over.

veyron.eminem

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2013
Similar

I have the same issue when syncing ANYTHING to iphone. iTunes 11.0.2 would resync a same number of podcast episodes to my iPhone (6.1.2). At least that's what displayed on itunes, and it takes really long to "sync" those podcast, before itunes actually start syncing my new stuff.

This doesnt happen when I have nothing to sync, but press the sync button anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.