iTunes syncs and copies same 109 songs everytime

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by elmateo487, Jul 16, 2008.

1. elmateo487 macrumors 6502a

Hi,

So i have an ipod classic and quite a few songs on there. But i have a problem that occurs every time i sync, it will recopy and replace the same 109 songs every time i sync. They are not in any certain order, or playlist, they have not been recently added, or modified, or played, or had added artwork. Just every time i sync, even if i sync, unplug, then sync, they will copy all over again.

Any idea on what i should do? Or if this is a known problem?

Thanks a bunch

2. elmateo487 thread starter macrumors 6502a

k so 50 people looked at this and no one said anything. Is that because other people are having this problem? or because my issue is not clear.

Thanks for the help

3. mariotheotaku macrumors regular

do you have more than 109 songs? I don't quite understand what the problem is.

4. elmateo487 thread starter macrumors 6502a

no i have around 15,000

But 109 of them recopy every time... I cant figure out why. There is no pattern to them.

5. mariotheotaku macrumors regular

when you connect your ipod go to the music tab and see what is being uploaded to your ipod in terms of music.

6. uncle boogie macrumors newbie

I had the same problem with about 28 songs and this is how I solved it. I looked at the song titles that kept being re-synced. I then looked at the file folders in Windows that contained the "problem" songs and noticed they all had the year of the album beside the name in parentheses. I removed the albums from iTunes, erased the year from the Windows music file and then dragged them back to iTunes. It could be just removing the albums from iTunes and then dragging them back. Hope this helps :)

7. applemagic123 macrumors regular

applemagic123

same thing happened to me on iTunes 10.

I have 12,672 songs in total in my iTunes library. I have the iPod Classic, 120 GB model. Every time I sync, songs that have already been synced will sync again and I can see them loading onto the iPod while it's happening. I'm like "What the heck....these songs are ALREADY on my freaking iPod!" That NEVER happened with previous versions of iTunes. I wonder if iTunes 10.1 fixes that. I don't like updating unless there is a feature that I need.

Does anyone have any insight into this? I don't want to do the "manually manage music" because it's soooooo hard to keep track of what I've added and what I haven't added, having such a huge iTunes music library. That has happened several times. I've added music to iTunes via amazon mp3, iTunes store, import, etc, and have lost track of what songs had been added and which not. Like my iPod will have, for example, 12,000 songs but my iTunes library will have 12,003 songs and I have NO CLUE which 3 songs I didn't add. So yah, any helpful insight would be appreciated. Thanks.