iTunes Tags Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Stoick, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Stoick macrumors newbie

Hi,

I just downloaded my first movie from the iTunes store and noticed that at the end of the title in my library came a nice little rating logo, and the description field came with a nice little "i" to push to see the rest of the description. I was wondering if it were possible to add those to the rest of my movies. I currently have just been adding the description with metax but there is no "I" to push to see the rest of it.

Thanks.

2. sonictonic macrumors 6502a

Sorry I don't have an answer but I would love to know this also!

3. DENZIE macrumors member

DENZIE

I use metax also for this and it does work. In metax, select the movie file to tag, and fill out its description, write this to the file and import to itunes.

Then in itunes, in the movies section, in either list or coverflow view, right click on the top of the columns and make sure that 'description' is ticked. It should show part of the description followed by (i).

When you click on (i) it displays the description and actors, directors etc that may have been pulled by metax from amazon

4. Shorties macrumors 6502a

Can you do the rating too in that program?

5. DENZIE macrumors member

DENZIE

you can do ratings in terms of MA, PG etc (and it shows up in iTunes) but I don't think you can assign star ratings. Thats within iTunes tho

6. Stoick thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, DENZIE. I got the rating logo to show up, however my description field still shows the first few words and then "..." with no "i" to click.

7. DENZIE macrumors member

DENZIE

hmmmm.. i don't know why it wouldn't. do you have the latest version of iTunes? not sure if it makes a difference, but just thought i'd ask