Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kagharaht

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
Chalk another one up for sloppy work from Apple. Now iTunes continues to think a device is connected to it, preventing iMac from going to sleep mode. I sleep all the ATV at home. Turned off iPhone, iPads and Macbook Pro. Waited 30 min and still iTunes Home Sharing thinks a device is connected. Hilarious!!! Yeah quit iTunes and reboot the Mac will resolve it...temporarily. I've done this a few times and eventually ITunes Home Sharing will again think a device is still connected. Preventing the iMac to sleep and save power.

priitv8

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2011
Estonia
What makes you think that iTunes thinks aTV is connected?
Appearance in AirPlay menu at all times, as long as Mac/iPhone and aTV are on same local network segment, is normal and by design.
TBH I have not experienced the sleep problem you describe. But I don't have iMac either.

kagharaht

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
What makes you think that iTunes thinks aTV is connected?
Appearance in AirPlay menu at all times, as long as Mac/iPhone and aTV are on same local network segment, is normal and by design.
TBH I have not experienced the sleep problem you describe. But I don't have iMac either.
No wonder you have no problems. You don't have a Mac. Mac OS quality has been the worse since the new UI has been pushed by Designers vs Engineers. Apple TV 4 is a victim of that push. Worse product release as far as OS side is concerned.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.