Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dafke

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 24, 2005
Hi all, a friend of mine has some problems with his iTunes library. The situation is as follows: he has a large collection of music, the library is stored on an external drive which is always connected to the 12 inch Powerbook when starting up iTunes.

Lately, songs that are imported from CD's are listed correctly in the library but they won't play. When checking the info it says the location of the song is in a folder under applications on the internal harddrive, for example iWeb:Contents:Resources:no.Iproj:Templates :White Blog.webtemplate
and it links to a strange file like a .png or something like that.

When searching for the song in spotlight it turns out that the song is stored in the correct folder in the iTunes media folder on the external drive.

Is this strange or what! I hope somebody has an idea what could be the problem. Any input is appreciated!

MacForScience

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2010
USA
Hi all, a friend of mine has some problems with his iTunes library. The situation is as follows: he has a large collection of music, the library is stored on an external drive which is always connected to the 12 inch Powerbook when starting up iTunes.

Lately, songs that are imported from CD's are listed correctly in the library but they won't play. When checking the info it says the location of the song is in a folder under applications on the internal harddrive, for example iWeb:Contents:Resources:no.Iproj:Templates :White Blog.webtemplate
and it links to a strange file like a .png or something like that.

When searching for the song in spotlight it turns out that the song is stored in the correct folder in the iTunes media folder on the external drive.

Is this strange or what! I hope somebody has an idea what could be the problem. Any input is appreciated!

In preferences inside itunes check where iTunes thinks your library is to see if it is different then where it should be. If so then change to the correct location if not post back.

Cheers

Dafke

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 24, 2005
In preferences inside itunes check where iTunes thinks your library is to see if it is different then where it should be. If so then change to the correct location if not post back.

Cheers

THanks but in prefs the library is already set to the correct location, the external drive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.