iTunes thinks I've downloaded episodes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Earendil, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Earendil macrumors 68000

Earendil

So here's the deal. I'm rarely on my personal computer any more because I work at one all day, and have an iPhone :)

So I was quite unaware that my computer downstairs had quickly run out of hard drive space. A result of this appears to be that iTunes stopped downloading new episodes (surprise surprise).

So I clear out some space, and think that it should resume downloading. However I came back this evening to watch one of my shows (White Collar) and find that it jumps from episode 10 to episode 13. How odd. So I get up from my couch and go downstairs to check the iTunes library. Sure enough, 11 and 12 are greyed out. I go to the iTunes "Downloads" and see that only a few K of each has downloaded. I try and restart the download. Error 8035. I try again, different error starting with 8. I try and restart a few other episodes from different shows that I noticed haven't downloaded. Nada.

So I check in the FInder to see if perhaps they really are there. No luck, no files but the ones I know downloaded. I go to the "Store" menu and hit "Check for available downloads", which gives me a message saying that all purchased content has been downloaded. WTF?

I restart iTunes. At this point there is no longer a "downloads" area to select, iTunes still says all available content has been downloaded, but I'm STILL missing two episodes. I go onto the iTunes store and try and redownload the episodes. iTunes warns me that I've already purchased these episodes, and that I'm about to purchase them AGAIN.

ARG!
    I have this single computer. No other authorized computers. These files do not exist on my computer even as partial downloads. After paying for the entire season I do not feel like spending another $6 to get content that should have downloaded. Anyone have any ideas what's going on? How can I fix it? I'll accept anything at this point... even a pat on the back. I really wanted to watch a little TV before bed, instead I've spent it fuxing with this and now I'm writing a forum post as midnight dawns...help...

2. jdechko macrumors 68040

Chat with Apple Support. They will be able to help you out.

3. Earendil thread starter macrumors 68000

Earendil

Able, and willing? :)
    I'll give that a shot. It had occurred to me, but I wanted to make sure there wasn't a simple side method to getting this issue resolved before I brought it to Apple's attention. But if calling them really will work, I'll go that route.

4. jdechko macrumors 68040

They are willing and able to make it happen. They will probably ask you to do a few things first, just to make sure. Just go along and you'll end up with your files.