iTunes: "this computer is not authorized"

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Rufuss Sewell, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Rufuss Sewell macrumors 6502

Hi,

I'm attempting to backup my JB iP4 on 4.0.1. Lately iTunes stops half way through the sync process and tells me that my apps cannot be transferred because they are not authorized on this computer. I have authorized the computer (a few times) and it still says that.

When the sync stops to give me this message it completely stops the whole process and none of my songs are synced etc.

Any clues on what I might try to get everything backed up to I can update to the 4.2.1 JB? Thanks!!

2. mlts22 macrumors 6502a

If worst comes to worse, I wonder if it is corruption in your home directory. I have had library corruption once where I had to move all the files in my home directory out, delete everything in $HOME, and then start from scratch, moving the documents back in.

3. Rufuss Sewell thread starter macrumors 6502

I downloaded an app called Metadataremovr. That did the trick.

4. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

It's because you're using cracked apps that you downloaded and installed illegally.

5. TJone macrumors 6502a

When i was still on 4.01 I had that problem after changing a plist value so the AppStore would let me update to a newer version of iTunes. After i changed the plist value and upgraded to 4.1 the message went away.