iTunes Throughout The House

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by uraniumwilly, Nov 21, 2007.

1. uraniumwilly macrumors 6502

I'm trying to find the best way to send the line level 1/8" mini output to some powered speakers in various rooms in my place. It's my understanding that I need a distribution amp and then shielded 2 way cable to the powered speaker destinations. If anyone has any suggestions as to where to find a distribution amp that I can feed two to four powered speakers please let me know. Thanks.

2. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

You could try an airport express i wouldn't recommend it though they have a habit of cutting out.

3. DLary macrumors member

I have been using an airport express to do this for almost three years. I had some problems with the music cutting out early on, but I changed the channel on the wireless network and it has been trouble free.

4. itickings macrumors 6502a

itickings

If one's prepared to wire the house anyway, why not drag ethernet over the place? The cutting out is due to wireless interference, and would not occur if the Expresses are wired. I run three wireless Expresses to stream iTunes to all rooms, no cutting out here.

Will be interesting to see if uraniumwilly gets any suggestions for amps though. :)

5. uraniumwilly thread starter macrumors 6502

I haven't found anything. I'm throwing in the towel. I really didn't want to buy 3 airport expresses, but it looks like that's the way.