iTunes throws out CD without ejecting....???

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by smilinmonki666, Jul 23, 2008.

1. smilinmonki666 macrumors regular

Hey peeps,

I'm ripping all my CD's, but every now & then it seems to show the CD on the Desktop & in iTunes but for a second.... then it disapears; however, the CD is not ejecting. I have to eject it & then insert it again & it shows the CD??

Can anyone solve the mystery??

2. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

Does it disappear without you doing anything? I used to get this if I clicked "import" as soon as the CD appeared. I found that if I you wait a few seconds before doing so it works fine.

3. smilinmonki666 thread starter macrumors regular

It's not been so bad the past few hours, but it does seem if I'm playing from a playlist within iTunes.??

4. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

It happened to me yesterday as I was adding some artwork for the previous CD I'd imported. iTunes doesn't seem to like 2 things at once.

5. smilinmonki666 thread starter macrumors regular

I don't think its that, or I hope not??? not sure if its the new version as I updated all software when I got my iMac about 2 weeks ago... So I have nothing to compare it too & I can't be arsed to uninstall iTunes & re-install.

6. elmateo487 macrumors 6502a

this is bug i assume.

I ripped a bunch of my disks yesterday, and had to reinsert the disks twice every time. I thought i was going crazy! Im happy to see someone else is having this problem (well... not HAPPY that you are having this problem. Haha. but more reassured that i'm not the only one)

7. nicros macrumors newbie

Use Disk Utility to re-mount CD

I've been having this problem lately in iTunes. The CD mounts, iTunes asks if I want to import, then the CD dissapears in iTunes.

Instead of ejecting and re-loading, I've found that it is faster to open Disk Utility and re-mount the CD. iTunes will again ask if you want to import.

8. smilinmonki666 thread starter macrumors regular

9. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

Does waiting 2 or 3 seconds before importing not work for anyone else? I now have my settings to "show CD" rather than "Ask to import", but even so, waiting a couple of secs before clicking import works in both cases IIRC. This issue used to get on my nerves all the time but since I found out all I had to do is wait a moment it has never failed.