Itunes titles

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gatorac, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Gatorac macrumors member

Sorry I didn't know what forum to put this in. I know that there are two programs for itunes that goes through and automatically renames your songs to the correct song title in case they were erroneously labled. Can anyone help me. I know what might have been a paid program that was straight forward, faster, and did it all for you; and another was free and was more user intensive and took longer. I have a huge music library but I never used itunes until just now purchasing the iPhone and the library is in disarray. Please help thank you.

Note: I read about these methods in the Wall Street Journal I believe.

2. vinay427 macrumors 6502a

vinay427

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/7A341)

There are great scripts at www.dougscripts.com that work great. All needed info is there. Everything is free. You weren't completely clear on what you meant so ou can just search for what you want there. Good luck!

3. megadon macrumors 6502

I'm just checking this website now..

but does anyone know if this will put all my artists under one name?

for example if I have a 2pac track featuring snoop dog, and a 2pac track featuring nate dogg, itunes will think each one is one artist.. and under artists I will have 2pac listed twice...each time featuring another artist..

how can I clean this up? it drives me crazy..

4. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Put the "feat. (artist)" bit of the artist at the end of the song title instead of the artist. That will keep everything under 2pac instead of separating them all.

5. Gatorac thread starter macrumors member

Any others?

I believe that was one of them. Are there anymore out there? The one one I really wanted was the other one that pretty much took care of it all and could be done in one day not having to even worry about featured artists and such. (Not being lazy it's just that I know it's out there) Thanks a lot guys keep the suggestions coming...

6. megadon macrumors 6502

one by one?? like rename the songs??
    ahhhhhhhhhh

7. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Yeah if you want them all to just show up under one artist, you are going to have to do them one by one...transferring the feat. part to the song title from the artist.

8. megadon macrumors 6502

thanks man.. I guess I have something to do tonight now..haha..

9. Gatorac thread starter macrumors member

This is what I was referring to. There is another program out there where you do not have to do this one by one... :confused:

Edit: Found the article after looking over tuneups website. The full version of tune up should take care of everything for you the other program is musicbrainz picard. This is the article...
    http://ptech.allthingsd.com/20090701/only-one-beyonce-services-pick-up-after-your-music/

10. slimjim247 macrumors member

slimjim247

What about right clicking the song and going to the sorting tab and then change the sort artist on the right side to 2Pac instead of 2Pac Feat. Nate Dogg?

11. megadon macrumors 6502

I don't know if that will work because itunes thinks 2pac feat nate dogg is a different artist than 2pac feat snoop dogg, so when I click on the 2pac/snoop track and try to sort them to the same artist, itunes is automatically looking for any 2pac feat snoop and will sort those ones..
    so unless I manually make all the artist names the same..it won't work..

the gay thing is itunes is so retarded it thinks Mac Dre is another artist if it's spelled mac dre