iTunes to iphone sync problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Terror Storm, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Terror Storm macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm in desperate need of help with syncing my songs from iTunes to my iPhone 5s. I'm getting pretty sick of iTunes now to be honest because I've consistently had nothing but problems over the course of the last few updates. I don't understand why something as simple as syncing songs to your iPhone has to be so difficult!

It used to be a case that you could simply drag and drop the songs you want from your iTunes library onto your iPhone tab. Nope. Not allowed to do that anymore. So I had to start making a playlist of all the song I wanted and make sure only that was checked before clicking the Sync button. That worked for a while.

Now I have this new problem. I Sync a playlist like I used to do before. But now random songs and artists seem to be copying over that aren't even in the playlist! I've made sure only the playlist is checked. I've even gone to the trouble of unchecking every single other song in my library to make sure they don't get copied by accident. How is this happening?! It's almost as if iTunes is just randomly selecting songs for me! (and incidentally, no. The fill free space with songs button isn't checked either). Can someone please shed some light on this for me before I lose the will to live.

Thanks.

2. Partron22 macrumors 68020

Partron22

Check through all the sync prefs with your iPhone connected. There used to be an "add random tunes until the device is full" checkbox somewhere.
    Perhaps it has become checked.