iTunes toasted me!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jarekanderson, Oct 7, 2009.

1. jarekanderson macrumors newbie

I was trying to fix the format of one album that I had just added to my library, but didn't see that there were about 500 songs highlighted above that particular album before I hit 'get info' and changed everything to Matthew Good's Vancouver.

There was no undo option in the edit pane.

Is there anything I can do short of listening to every song and correcting the info one by one?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Surely, you toasted yourself, iTunes didn't make you select all those songs. Unless you can revert to a backup, you'll have to change them back manually or use a script.

4. jarekanderson thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks GGJ... will a timecapsule restore do this? Is there a way that I can get it to only touch my itunes library and not like my emails or anything else? I'm off to research time capsule restores right now before I get flamed for not using the search button!!!

Ahhhh the semantics are correct, it was me who selected the files... but I blame iTunes for not thinking that 500 files was too many for one album.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, a restore from a backup file should work fine. You should be able to selectively restore only your iTunes.

It's not iTunes problem. You're the one who selected 500 files to change. iTunes is a music organizer/player. It's not designed to be a substitute for user intelligence.