iTunes Track Info In Menu Bar?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by joesenior91, Nov 17, 2007.

1. joesenior91 macrumors member

hi there

i'm not sure if this is the right board thing for this topic, but i didn't know where to put it.

I was just wondering if there was any way to get the currently playing iTunes track info in the menu bar? i have growl tunes, but that's not use when i'm half way through a song and i want to know what it is.

cheers, Joe

2. iTeen macrumors 65816

iTeen

3. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

4. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Check out Synergy

http://wincent.com/a/products/synergy-classic/

It doesnt do 'exactly' what you are asking but its the very first thing I install on any new mac or following a clean install because its so good.

It allows you to place iTunes controls in your menu bar as well as allows you to control iTunes using global shortcuts. So no matter what program you are in you can control iTunes with just a key stroke. Its great!

Also when a new song starts you get a little window appear to tell you what it is. The window can be customised to show all kind of info including album art and ratings etc. Time it displays, transparency etc.

While halfway through a song and you want to know what it is you can just click and hold on the controls in the menu bar and it will give you the last ten tracks including the current track. This can also be customised too.

Its been updated for Leopard too. :)

Hehe listen to me. It sounds like I work for them. Hehe.

5. joesenior91 thread starter macrumors member

cheers for all the help guys

i had a quick look at jeweldplatypus.org and found a perfect app. barquee. oddly enough it doesn't seem to work though. It might be leopard. The hunt continues i guess