Itunes track name in menu bar?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Forest91, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Forest91 macrumors member

Is there an app that anyone knows of which will enable my menu bar to display the current playing Itunes track and any other relevant information?
    :cool:
    Thanks

2. nerdish macrumors regular

You can get Growl + Growl Tunes to show a notification every time the track changes with the Artist, Track Name, Song Length, Rating etc...

3. Forest91 thread starter macrumors member

I know I have growl but its not quite the same. I want something that is always there but subtle, so I figured the menu bar would be perfect
    :eek:

4. nerdish macrumors regular

I know what you mean, Growl Tunes doesnt do it for me, so if you find something that fits your description, let us know, i'd love something like this! :)

5. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

I agree. Growl is good and has potential but it needs to be cleaned up a bit. I should actually check how the versions are going.

6. Forest91 thread starter macrumors member

7. daveishere macrumors 6502a

daveishere

8. macfan51 macrumors newbie

9. can7ona macrumors regular

10. LizKat macrumors 68030

LizKat

I am using Playwatch from AQUARIUS-software. I love it and its customization options. You can hover over the place in the menu where the track info is shown and it will flip up a (movable) translucent pane with album art and tracklist on it -- and let you pick a different track if you like, or click on iTunes box to bring up the application itself. You can elect to always keep that pane open until you hover again in the menu area. There are options to just show back-pause-forward buttons in the menu if you prefer.

What I really like is that in basic menu display format, it's unobtrusive. Just sits there and will scroll up to show whatever you selected in the way info - artist, track, album... but the scrolling is not distracting. It just brings up the next line, pauses, brings up the next line.

It doesn't show while I'm in my browser though (Firefox). I have to move cursor someplace where I can click on desktop. No biggie but I keep thinking I should see if there is a way around this via Firefox menu options.

11. nanoboy macrumors member

White font?

NowPlaying would've been just exactly what I wanted.

But, I want an app that would let me customise the font colour.

This is because I've tweaked the menubar and made it black (looks awesome by the way!!), so the default black font won't work in a black menu bar. So I'm looking for an app that I could use white fonts.

Just gotta keep on searching....

12. muteone macrumors newbie

BravoTunes has font color options I think, but it had some bugs that made it unusable for me. Maybe it will work for others.

Thank you macfan51 for suggesting now playing, as it's the only one I could get to work that displays song name and real-time time.

13. jon08 macrumors 65816

+1