iTunes track number

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ChelseaFC, Dec 24, 2011.

1. ChelseaFC macrumors newbie

I noticed this when I upgraded to Lion. In iTunes 10 the track number shows at the front of the track in the main window, but Track Number is not displayed as one of my viewing options.

I know this may not be the right place to post, but I can't login to Apple support because it thinks I have 2 email addresses associated with my apple ID. What a disaster that has been to correct!!!

Anyway, here is a picture of what I am talking about

See in the picture the highlighted song shows Track 22, which is correct, but I want to remove this column from view

[​IMG]

2. dknightd macrumors 6502

You need to switch to column view.
    See that row of four icons in the upper right of your picture,
    click on the leftmost one.

3. GGJstudios, Dec 24, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2011

GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You can't remove that column in that view. You can remove the other "Track Number" column that has the heading, but not the one shown.

4. ShinyDren macrumors member

ShinyDren

Yes, your right that it is the track number in the Album List view. It is not removable while using the Album List view.

You can send feedback to Apple with your ideas on this (menu item inside of iTunes).

A possible workaround is to change to the column Song List view as suggested by dknightd. Then sort by Album (or even Album by Artist) and remove/add any columns you want.

5. ChelseaFC thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks

It would be nice if they changed it. Album view is kind of cool as you can easily pick out the album you want if you are scrolling around, but that track number field is annoying.