iTunes Trailers

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mrkgoo, Dec 16, 2009.

1. mrkgoo macrumors 65816

I didn't know the iTunes Music store had a downloadable movie trailer section. Since when did they have this?

2. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

It’s a new section of the iTunes Store.

But Apple has run the largest movie trailer site on the Web at http://www.apple.com/trailers/ since at least the late 1990’s.

3. mrkgoo thread starter macrumors 65816

Yeah, I knew about the website, and it only makes sense to stick it into iTunes, but I was just wondering when that happened. They also allow you to download in iTunes too, which is nice. When it was just the website you had to do some minor legwork to download the file.

4. 184550 Guest

They've had it on iTunes since at least 2005/6, though I am pretty sure its older than that.

5. mrkgoo thread starter macrumors 65816

Really? So is it a new thing or old? If it's old, why all the mess with not letting you save a trailer with QT pro ( before qtx), when you could just download in iTunes?

6. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

The section you’re referring to is new. However, they’ve had trailers available to stream in the iTunes Store before and even download via podcast depending on the title. They’ve also had trailers available to stream via Front Row and Apple TV for a while too.

The ability to download trailers directly from the iTunes Store is new. How new is it? Not sure. They even now include the movie artwork and metadata and show up under “Movies” in iTunes.

You used to have to go through a stupid work around to download movie trailers.

http://uneasysilence.com/archive/2005/10/4362/

Attached Files:

7. mrkgoo thread starter macrumors 65816

Ah, right, that is what I thought. I always knew you could stream a trailer, but the section and download capability seemed new. When did they start doing this?

8. androiphone macrumors 65816

Its been there years at least 3-4, they used to have a link to it from apples movie trailer website

just looked and the link is now there again (they once took it away)

9. mrkgoo thread starter macrumors 65816

Oh well, I guess I'll never figure out if this is new or old. Again, I thought the section with download capability was new. But I guess not. Or I maybe yes. No.