iTunes transfer using thumb drive ???

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Mbahead, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Mbahead macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm a newbie mac user, (but been using ios for years)

I will be transferring my iTunes library over to my mac from the PC in the next few weeks, just wondering if a USB flash drive (thumb drive) will be up to the job or not?
    The music library is approx 40gb, so I'll buy a thumb drive with similar storage.

The reason I want to use a thumb drive is because I'm going to be transfering all of my photos over first, and just figured this would be the easiest way to go about it (don't really want to use my wifi network, it can be kind of ... unpredictable!)

Any thoughts??

2. 808? macrumors 6502a

Cheaper option to get a portable external harddrive to transfer your media over to your new Mac, that way you have a backup of it as well. :)

3. Mbahead thread starter macrumors newbie

I have a external HD kicking around somewhere, but I read somewhere that I might have issues regarding external HD's that don't necessarily work/format with both PC & Mac ... with is why I figured I'd just use a USB stick.

As I've had "problems" doing this kind of stuff in the past, I guess I'm just looking to get this all done with as few headaches as poss :)