iTunes troubles

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cowman007, Jun 16, 2007.

1. cowman007 macrumors regular

I copied some music onto my PC today ( sorry, but i'm waiting for the new iMacs before i get shoot this thing ) and iTunes seems to have some problems adding this music to it's library. The music was copied into the MY DOWNLOADS folder. Usually iTunes will automatically copy this music to it's Library but this time it did not. In order to get my music into my iTunes library i have to click on FIle and import and look for each song to import. If i do this for all my songs i could be here for ages!!!!! I have been having this problem for awhile now.

Can somebody help me
    Thanks

2. skythefly13 macrumors 6502

Well....

Can't you just go to "add to library" and select the big folder of where all your songs are?
    And for the location thing, just go into preferences and change the location of your library under Advanced--->General. Then you will want to hit "consolidate library" under Advanced (Not in preferences) and it will copy all the music to your new library location. Stupid PCs

3. cowman007 thread starter macrumors regular

after i hit consoldate it tell me that there is not enough room on my PC to consolodate. Now this computer is preety old and it has around 1 gb of free space left but that should be enough right??

4. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

1gb free isn't really enough. You really need 5-10gb free.