iTunes ... trying to make CoverFlow more usable

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by OneDreamCloser, Sep 27, 2009.

1. OneDreamCloser macrumors member

hi all,

what i would like to ask you is :

GIVEN that on my hard disk i have organized my music like (for example) :
    Dub Pistols/[ Dub Pistols ].jpg
    Dub Pistols/Rum and Coke
    Dub Pistols/Six Million Ways To Live
    Dub Pistols/Speakers And Tweeters
    Emancipator/[ Emancipator ].jpg
    Emancipator/Soon It Will Be Cold Enough

WHAT i want is to have a playlist in iTunes for each artist (for example) :
    Dub Pistols
    Emancipator
    and having all the artist s albums into the corresponding playlist

BUT when i "select all" the tracks from a playlist and choose "get info" and use as a common artwork the [ artist ].jpg
    COVERFLOW displays the same playlist multiple times, because of the different albums that are contained in the playlist and also because of the different genre that each track of an album may belong to.

does anyone know HOW to overcome this ?

2. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

So what you are saying is, they are all from the same album and the same artist - but they are showing up as different albums because of genre and things like that?

Select all the songs that belong to that album. Get Info on all the highlighted songs. Then fill out the tag information again, this will apply to all of the songs selected so don't change the track names or the first part of the track number.

Make sure you put the album artist in there so they are all the same. You can put whatever artist you want but if the same album artist is across all the songs, they will sort under one album in coverflow.

If that still doesn't work, select all the tracks and get info again. Go to the SORT tab and change the sort album, sort artist, etc.

That should fix it. My library doesn't have any of those problems because of the album artist and sort artist.

3. c-Row macrumors 65816

c-Row

I am not entirely sure I completely understood what you are trying to do. Do you want Coverflow to display one image for every specific artist rather than the images for their various albums?

Great music taste btw. ;)

4. OneDreamCloser thread starter macrumors member

thanx guys for your interest,

what i want is to display the same image ( of the artist ) for all his/her albums,
    so when i browse, 3-4 albums of an artist, i would like to see the same image in all his/her albums

i have already used the get-info and select-all method and i edited the artist album information, but, the thing is that not all tracks are assigned to a specific genre
    i tied also the sort thing but it didn t work, the only solution from my point of view is to erase all the metadata of the tracks, but for the artist and the album name

is there any app that can do that ?

5. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

If you want to do that, select all the tracks by that artist and click on "Get Info". Check the box next to "Artwork" and make sure the big square is empty. Then click ok. Now still having all the songs selected either paste or drag and drop the album art you want for all the tracks into the art preview in the bottom left corner.