iTunes trying to sync nonexistent podcast/music

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SevenInchScrew, Jun 21, 2009.

1. SevenInchScrew macrumors 6502a

SevenInchScrew

I'm having a problem with iTunes trying to sync stuff that is no longer in my library. I can get it to stop warning me by clicking the "Don't warn me again" box, but I'd like to figure out the problem, so I can make it stop happening. I'll explain in more detail, if anyone thinks they might have a solution...

Recently, when I updated my iPhone to 3.0, that resets all the warnings on the phone. Which is fine. But then, the first time I go to sync, I get this...

[​IMG]

Yes iTunes, I know you can't find that file. I don't even subscribe to that podcast AT ALL any more.

Now, I can simply check that box, and it will stop warning me about this. But, I'd like to figure out the root of the problem, so I can have this stop happening. It does this for 2-3 podcasts, and a small handful of songs. I would just like to know how to clean this crap out of my library, so it can stop thinking that stuff is there, when it really isn't.

Anyone know a solution?? Thanks

2. SevenInchScrew thread starter macrumors 6502a

SevenInchScrew

3. springerj macrumors member

me too

damn. I have exactly the same problem. It complains it can't find some podcast from 2005. Well, neither can I. Can't figure out where it's getting idea it should be syncing that thing.
    I was disappointed no-one responded to your post.

4. androiphone macrumors 65816

deauthorise itunes and delete the itunes database files then start itunes back up nice and refreshed and reactivate it, only thing you would loose is your play counts, it prob just had a wrong entry in the DB file it once screwed up my album art and i just deleted the album art folder and it just made a new correct one when i restarted itunes

if you have to re add anything just point the add folder to the top level itunes folder and it will add all your purchases