Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacDuff

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 17, 2002
San Francisco
Hey guys, anyone have this problem?

I downloaded an episode of Night Stalker, it was about 200 megs so it took a little while.

When I go to view it the video feed is just a plain gray. I've tried re-downloading it, as well as outputing it to Quicktime. Is there something I'm missing?

My computer is a Dual 2.5 G5 running Tiger 10.4.2 so I can't imagine it being a hardware problem.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
I got that when I tried to view a purchsed video in QuickTime 7.0.2. You need QuickTime 7.0.3 to view purchased videos.

If you already have 7.0.3 I'm out of ideas!

Lucky8

macrumors regular
May 18, 2005
I already have Quicktime 7.0.3 and still having the same problem.

killmoms

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
Durham, NC
MacDuff said:
That's so weird,
I'm downloading Quicktime 7.3

has anyone out there gotten a itunes tv show to work?
Worked fine for me after I updated to QuickTimes 7.0.3 and rebooted. Don't know what to tell you if you've already done both.

varmit

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2003
MacDuff said:
Hey guys, anyone have this problem?

I downloaded an episode of Night Stalker, it was about 200 megs so it took a little while.

When I go to view it the video feed is just a plain gray. I've tried re-downloading it, as well as outputing it to Quicktime. Is there something I'm missing?

My computer is a Dual 2.5 G5 running Tiger 10.4.2 so I can't imagine it being a hardware problem.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks
When you say outputting it to quicktime, do you mean just opening it with Quicktime, or choosing export and making a .mov file from it? Me, I would do the Repair permissions which I'm sure you did. Maybe download and reinstall iTunes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.