iTunes TV show organizing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kujayhawk, Sep 13, 2010.

1. kujayhawk macrumors newbie

So I am currently converting all my .avi tv shows to .mp4 so I can keep them in iTunes. The problem is since I have a couple hundred of them, I don't want to have to go through everyone when they are in itunes and enter season, episode number, episode name, etc. for each one of them. So my question is does anyone know of a program like tuneup that would work with tv shows?

I would prefer something free but I am willing to pay for the software if need be.

I have searched google a small about and all I can come up with are apps that seem to only clean the music side of itunes.

Thank you!

2. deadwulfe macrumors 6502a

deadwulfe

You can use MetaX, but you have to search by episode title and edit them one at a time. Mad Men S01E01, for instance, isn't found on MetaX, but individual episode names are.

For TV shows I google a listing of episodes and just search for the episode names for the related file. The database will return with suggested changes to actors, season, episode, and whatnot.

I also don't know how many tv shows are in the MetaX database, so it may not be the only solution you'll want to find.

3. kujayhawk thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks, I'll give that a try when I get everything converted.

also, I am using iSkysoft to convert and just noticed that it is converting my 700 megabyte .avi files to anywhere between 1.5 gigabyte and 22 gigabyte (that is not a typo, it is 22) .mp4 files. Any help or suggested applications there?