Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cjmal

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 25, 2007
I'm having problems with the new sorting features in iTunes. Alot of my tv shows are out of order (episodes are mixed up, see screenshot, notice how it's 2,3,1 then 4). How would I go about arranging them all back in episode order?

copperhead

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2007
Minnesota
right click on the episode and click 'get info', in the box that pops up click the 'info' tab. on the right side there are track numbers and stuff. you might want to check those numbers and make sure they are all in order. (i.e. out of the same # of tracks, same # of discs etc.)

cjmal

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 25, 2007
right click on the episode and click 'get info', in the box that pops up click the 'info' tab. on the right side there are track numbers and stuff. you might want to check those numbers and make sure they are all in order. (i.e. out of the same # of tracks, same # of discs etc.)

got it. that wasn't the problem, but thanks for the reply. I actually had to enable "sort album" in the optinons.

AliensAreFuzzy

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2004
Madison, WI
I'm having this problem as well. It appears to be sorting by the Episode ID # rather than the Episode #. This is a problem because many TV shows are produced in a different order than which they aired.
I'm still trying to figure out how to reorder them without having to change all the Episode ID #. Hopefully Apple will do something about it.

serralves

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2005
If you option-I on any file in itunes now, there is a new "sorting tab" so that you can specify the sort order

AliensAreFuzzy

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2004
Madison, WI
If you option-I on any file in itunes now, there is a new "sorting tab" so that you can specify the sort order

But why did they change the default sort to be by Episode ID # instead of just Episode #.
I really don't want to have to go through all of my episodes and add a sort order.

It's funny, I just noticed that Front Row still goes by episode number.:rolleyes:

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Jun 20, 2005
Now that we're on the sorting subject. Let's say I have 22 or so Office Season 2 Episodes that I may have ripped off of The Office Season 2 DVD and I added them to iTunes. Now I want to make sure the tags for the Show and Season are correct but, I can't change multiple files at once, I have to edit them one at a time. Is there a faster way to do this? It's kinda time consuming if you have a lot of shows to name.

AliensAreFuzzy

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2004
Madison, WI
Now that we're on the sorting subject. Let's say I have 22 or so Office Season 2 Episodes that I may have ripped off of The Office Season 2 DVD and I added them to iTunes. Now I want to make sure the tags for the Show and Season are correct but, I can't change multiple files at once, I have to edit them one at a time. Is there a faster way to do this? It's kinda time consuming if you have a lot of shows to name.

I use a program called Lostify to tag them. It's one at a time, but you can lock the fields so you only put it in once.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.