iTunes TV Shows

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by piRONha, Apr 14, 2011.

1. piRONha macrumors newbie

Please forgive me if this has been beaten to death elsewhere, but I've been in TV tagging purgatory for several days. Just got an ATV2 and I've been ripping my DVD collection to iTunes. Rips/encodes have gone great but now that it's all in iTunes and is tagged (I'm comfortable with the amount of info I can add via iTunes vs 3rd party apps) I can't seem to figure out how to get my TV seasons to display under one heading. The Shield for example. Seven seasons worth of content, all tagged. When I pull up TV shows on my ATV2 and in my iTunes library, I see separate entries for each season. 7 individual entries for The Shield, 7 entires for STDS9, TNG, this list goes on...and on...and on.

Is there a way to set up TV shows to display like my music collection? I have 30+ live Panic shows in my music collection and they all display underneath one title "Widespread Panic". Clicking on "Widespread Panic" will then display the 30+ albums. Clicking on an individual album will then list the tracks. Streamlines the whole ordeal.

Thanks for your time.

2. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

Right click the show,

Select Get Info
    Under Album be sure its the Name of the TV Show
    Under Video, be sure the show is the same name, and the episode IDs/Seasons/Number is all correct
    Under sorting be sure "Sort Show" is the same TV Show Name.
    Under Options and "media kind" select "TV Show".

That should be all.