iTunes TV Shows

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by thechefxxxv, Jul 3, 2007.

1. thechefxxxv macrumors newbie

I have a ton of TV shows on DVDs, and lately I've been importing them to my iMac. iTunes only lets me set the title and season number of the shows one at a time, which makes for a very boring and repetitive afternoon. Does anyone know how to add TV Show titles and season numbers to multiple items in iTunes at the same time (already tried selecting them all and right-clicking, it brings up music options)? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

I hate to tell you this, but I had to do them one at a time as well, and never did find a way to do a lot of them at once.

Have you tried opening them out of the itunes interface, using apple+i. I never tried that, but it may give you more options to change the info.

Brian

3. TheJayWay macrumors member

I didn't find any other easy way to do it either. I had 6 shows with 4 seasons each to catalog. It took me the better part of an afternoon to do. I think that was the same day I decided to go insane and get album art for EVERY track in my itunes library. I think I slept for 3 days afterword! ;)

4. brasscat macrumors 6502

brasscat

A program that would help this process is desperately needed!

5. cuestakid macrumors 68000

ask and you shall recieve

here is a applescript that allows you to batch set the series, season and episode numbers as well as batch change the kind of video

also-there is a app called lostify that allows you to change the tags but you must enter the episode title and number manually-but can keep certain tags like series and such the same

6. pengu macrumors 6502a

7. thechefxxxv thread starter macrumors newbie

I found this app called "Parsley is Automatically Delicious". It gets the job done, but it's very buggy (IMO), but if you're in my situation, I suggest you try it out. I'm trying Doug's Applescript and Lostify right now (thanks cuestakid and pengu!).

8. thechefxxxv thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay- I tried them both. Lostify is nice because you can change every piece of info there is to change about video files, but I prefer Doug's script because it lets you change the files inside of iTunes. :apple: Mission Complete:apple: