iTunes TVShow Passes and iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Verschoren, May 15, 2010.

1. Verschoren macrumors regular

Verschoren

Something that's troubling me for quite some time:

I've got a Season Pass for a couple of TVShows for a while now, and it works like a charm on my Macbook Pro.

Apple mails me when a new one is available, I click the link, it open iTunes and if it starts downloading automatically.

But.. when I don't have my MacBook with my, I get those mails on my iPhone.
    I click on the link on my iphone, it opens up the Mobile iTunes Store and it doesn't do anything.

Can you download pre-ordered content on the iPhone?
    TV-shows, Movies,..?

Especially in a few days when I get my iPad (hopefully) this'll become more relevant, because I plan to take it with me to work or clients and watching a new episode freshly downloaded during lunch break would be awesome!

Anyone care to help?
    Thanks!

2. Verschoren thread starter macrumors regular

Verschoren

no-one?

Thought more people had this problem?

3. nscollins macrumors newbie

Still a problem!

I ran into this exact situation while I was traveling last week. Is Thomas's problem still not fixed, even with all the fuss about the 'icloud' and allowing downloading of purchases to multiple devices? I went to the 'purchased' section of iTunes on my iPhone and while previous episodes of my season pass were listed (which I had already downloaded to my computer), the most recent one (which is what I wanted) was not there.

I finally got access to a computer and downloaded the episode there, but it's not the one I normally sync my phone with so it's still not on my phone. And 2 days later if I look at iTunes on my phone this episode is still is not on the 'purchased' list.

Can anyone figure out the magic to get around this? Thanks for any ideas.