iTunes - U.S and U.K

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by snowydog, Aug 30, 2011.

1. snowydog macrumors 6502

Hi

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread - I'm relatively new I guess....as I'm really quite new to apple I need a bit of help ....

If someone who's had experience maybe clear some things up for me...

Buying an iPad2 in the states at the weekend - buty I'm a bit confused on the iTunes account etc...

I want to use the iPad2 while I'm there for the rest of my vacation...I know the guys in the Apple store will set it up for me - but I'm wondering how It works with the different app stores for country...

If I sign up for a U.S account while i'm there (can this be done without a biling address).... that means I can download apps from the US store while there?

So what happens when I come home - I set up a UK iTunes account and then change the store on my iPad2 - can this be done?

I'm sorry if this seems a bit dumb - I'm just new to Apple and im not too sure on how it all works....

2. LastLine macrumors 65816

Do you already have a UK account? If so just use that and you're sorted. No need to worry about a US account.

3. snowydog thread starter macrumors 6502

I haven't got one yet but I was going to set one up tomorrow before I head on Thursday....is that possible?

Such a newbie lol... :eek::eek:

I take it i won't be able to download apps from the U.S store then while I'm there if I register with UK account? :eek:

4. swedefish macrumors 6502

Even if you're in the US you can still shop with your UK account. I have four apple IDs (ie four different countries) and trust me, it's a hassle to manage updates etc between accounts so if you can stick to one, try to do so. I am based in the UK but I can use all my accounts from here, it's just a matter of logging into the right AppStore/iTunes Music Store, etc. It's really not that hard, and setting up an Apple Account takes a few minutes max!

5. snowydog thread starter macrumors 6502

Ah great thank you! I've realised I had a UK account so that works out great....had an iphone with work last year (gave it up for an android) and had purchased some apps - only logged into my itunes account today and found I had those apps stored on my account - that's pretty good...

So when they set it up in store - all I have to do is use my Apple ID and I can still shop in the UK iTunes store while in america - thank you!! :)

6. swedefish macrumors 6502

No problem. Best of luck iPad shopping in the US!