iTunes U

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by k2k koos, May 31, 2007.

1. k2k koos macrumors 6502a

k2k koos

This is one of the greatest , functional additions to iTunes in a while. I love the DRM free high quality music, but getting lectures from several universities around the world distributed this way is something so valuable, I can't fully comprehend it. This is yet another sign that Apple is on to a winner here!

Great stuff, keep those ideas coming!:apple:

2. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

It's actually been around for a while...although I believe they just added it to the main page of the Store. It's really cool...I've actually "audited" a couple of Cal classes just to brush up on Psychology.

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

This is incredible. I never knew these were tucked away in iTunes.

I recently bought an 80gb iPod and have just found out the joys of video podcasts and TV/Films. The iPod (and iTunes) is king.

4. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

They're new-ish, so you wouldn't have known :)
    Maybe I'd be more interested were I in Uni...

5. CptnJustc macrumors 6502

I know they've had them available as podcasts, but the 'new' iTunes U tracks don't get downloaded as podcasts, which is helpful for not cluttering up my podcast list, not having to be told not to be deleted, etc.

6. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

The topics are really varied too, everything from quantum physics to historical jesus.

I haven't downloaded any so I don't know but can anyone comment on the audio quality of the recordings; mainly how easy they are to understand.

7. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

From the one's I've downloaded, it's fairly understandable...at times when there are questions the question will be impossible to hear, but some professors either repeat the question or some have a microphone for the students as well.

The main issue (as with audiobooks) is being able to stand the speakers/professor's voice.

And I'm sure with some of the more complex topics it would help if you had the textbook and the syllabus.

8. Cindynjgirl79 macrumors 6502a

Cindynjgirl79

wow this sounds great. can't wait to download some.

9. Draythor macrumors 6502

Draythor

Out of interest where does iTunes dump them? Music or Audiobooks?