iTunes UK adds NBC Universal content

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Manj27, May 9, 2008.

1. Manj27 macrumors member

Not sure whether this is the correct forum part of MacRumours to post this story to, but still an interesting development nonetheless. Wonder whether NBC USA are also actively in talks with Apple Inc to do something similar:

iTunes UK adds Universal content
    135 words
    8 May 2008
    Broadband TV News
    English
    © 2008, M2 Communications, Ltd. All Rights Reserved

The UK Apple iTunes store has added a collection of content from NBC Universal. Included are the latest series of Heroes and House and classic series Hercules: The Legendary Journeys and The Incredible Hulk.

In the process Universal appears to have won a minor battle over the pricing of its product. Heroes for example is available for 1.89, whereas the 1977 vintage Hulk is priced at 1.19. Universal left iTunes in the US after Apple refused to alter its one size fits all pricing model.

Separately, children s distributor HIT Entertainment has added titles including Thomas the Tank Engine and Captain Pugwash at the standard 1.89.

2. Project macrumors 68020

Blimey. Is this the first time we have ever had content which is put on just after being aired on TV? (Heroes s2)

3. Project macrumors 68020

Edit... there is much more content on here than I thought.

And a free episode of the new Peep Show :tu

4. Rojo macrumors 65816

Rojo

Now if they could just reach a deal with iTunes in the U.S., I would happily pay whatever price they deemed fair simply so I can put NBC shows on my iPhone!!!

5. jacobj macrumors 65816

jacobj

NBC TV Shows (Heroes) on UK iTunes

OK, I've been a little out-of-touch of late, but I thought that Apple and NBC had a falling out that meant that their relationship was over. So why is Heroes available on the UK iTunes store?

Don't get me wrong, as a UK customer this great. Just wondered if I had missed something.

Link

6. northy124 macrumors 68020

northy124

Rights are owned by BBC or Universal UK not NBCUniversal (The US)

7. northy124 macrumors 68020

northy124

Why is it in iPhone & not iTunes surely it would be better there would it.